Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Visit to the ER

Last Tuesday, Ron and I took Simon to the Riley ER.
When I picked him up from daycare, he was wheezing really badly. He was immediately taken back into a triage room and given an albuterol treatment. The RN said that he wasn't move air very well in his lungs.
The general consensus by the physician was that Simon has RSV and we finally were sent home at 3am with a nebulizer machine and told to provide Simon with albuterol treatments every 4 hours. Needless to say, I stayed home for the remainder of the week.
I think Simon is on the mend. His appetite has improved and is now finally finishing his bottles and has taken an interest in eating his rice cereal and baby foods. He is still coughing through the night and waking himself up. I hope he gets back to 100% soon!

In the ER - his cheeks got pretty red with the first albuterol treatment


Finally getting some sleep in the ER


Time for a treatment! His mask is supposed to look like a dragon.


Fell asleep during a treatment with Dad.


Fell asleep again - a better view of his dragon mask



1 comment:

The Langfalds... said...

That RSV is nasty stuff...poor Simon.